Saturday, June 20, 2015

Little things that make life easier #9: Using data.entry in r

With data.entry(), it's easy to visually fill (small) matrices in r.

Let's see it in action. First, I create a 4x3 matrix:

mx <- matrix(nrow=4, ncol=3) show(mx)

[,1] [,2] [,3] [1,] NA NA NA [2,] NA NA NA [3,] NA NA NA [4,] NA NA NA

The matrix is created with the cells' values being NA Now, in order to assign values to these cells, I use

data.entry(mx)

This opens a small window where I can enter the data.
This is how the cells were filled before my editing them:

And here's how they looked after my editing them just before I used File > Close:

Back in the shell, the matrix has indeed changed its values:

show(mx)

var1 var2 var3 [1,] 2 4 2 [2,] 12345 8 42 [3,] 5 6 489 [4,] 9 22 11

Pretty cool, imho.

No comments:

Post a Comment